There’s this thing happening on facebook where, if someone tags you, you’re supposed to share seven random facts about yourself. Here are mine:
- I have absolutely no rhythm. I can totally clap along to the beat as long as it’s my own beat and I’m not required to keep any particular cadence.
- I learned how to drive in a red and white sixties era Dodge pick-up when I was ten. The truck belonged to my older brother and my mom let me drive it around the perimeter of our property with the radio blasting. It was harder than hell to shift and I had to move the seat all the way up, and one time my foot slipped off the clutch and I almost backed over my brother. He had the good sense to jump out of the way. My mom was not impressed, but she still let me drive around in circles. Five acres is a lot bigger when you’re ten and learning how to drive.
- I quit smoking almost twenty years ago.
- I’m a total mess in group settings. I’m awkward and say the wrong thing and laugh a little too loud and when a person introduces herself, I never remember her name because I’m too busy thinking “Oh, God! Someone’s talking to me! What do I do.”
- Tara buys lottery tickets all the time and I don’t know what I would do if she actually won because I think that money is something that should be earned and when it comes too freely it changes a person at a fundamental level.
- I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. But I’m totally digging this author gig for now.
- I really want to be able to grow foods, but I’m a lazy, inattentive gardener. I want to plant it and walk away. And when I come back weeks later, I want the garden to be beautiful, weed free, and full of tasty veggies. This might be why I manage to kill so many plants.
One thought on “Seven Random Facts”
Lol! I love the facts about yourself that most people don’t know. In particular, I had to laugh at the image of a 10 year old you trying to drive!
Somehow, I could not quite imagine you being tongue tied in a group situation, but hey!
Hmm, Not wishing to win the lottery? people say it would not change them but I disagree. I think it may to a degree. I think it would depend on one’s values. I think one could do a lot of good with the money to help others. My opinion only of course 😉