Felt like sharing a recipe. This is one of my all time favorite guilty pleasures. Too good. And too many calories.
- 12 oz artichoke hearts (I use a couple of those little glass jars)
- 8 oz chopped frozen spinach (It looks like a little brick o’ spinach in the frozen section)
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 package shredded parmesan
- ½ cup milk (or if you’re feeling REALLY decadent, use heavy cream)
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 baguettes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil spinach.
- While spinach is boiling, drain the artichoke hearts and place in food processor and chop into smaller pieces. If you don’t have a food processor, no worries; a cutting board, a sharp knife, and a chopping frenzy (watch your fingers) will give the same results.
- Place chopped up bits of artichoke, cream cheese, parmesan, milk, and butter into a bowl.
- By now the spinach should be cooked through. Drain completely and add to the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly—I use my trusty hand mixer.
- Spread mixture in a 13”x9” pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese begins to turn golden brown and delicious looking.
- While dip is cooking in oven, slice your baguettes into fabulous little slices perfect for dipping. I usually try for about ½ inch thick.
- Allow dip to cool before serving. The goal is for the cheese to still be melty, but not burn-your-face-off hot.
- Enjoy and don’t think about the calories.